Thursday 16 June 2011

Public Vs. Private

'social  media' really is the poor man's therapy
its like life, but once removed, filtered, and protected from the grimy germ ridden hands of the populus 



It is worrying how little some folk understand of just how much they are giving away about themselves.
Narcissism and confidence may be endearing traits, personally I like the excuse of Naivety but know enough to be at least a little sensible about it.
I dont even begin to want to know the extent google (among others) permeates my life and knows about me...
what concerns me more is the fact they can sell me stuff based on this information. Yes, most items will be life improving-ly innocuous but  sinister forces are always afoot, so with a weak mind its difficult to avoid the onslaught of persuasion.

I am agonizing (only a little bit) over whether i should include links that monetise the blog but as i dont exactly have a mass following i doubt it will be of much significance. If you are gullible enough to want to give your cash away I take all major credit cards, Cheques, Paypal, first born children, Cold hard cash... 

if nothing else try not to let them influence you
make informed decisions, not unsolicited ones
and if you find that difficult remember there is always an off switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment